@Λ@Go to Trivias
@Λ@Go to Description Quiz
True or False
- The island is formed of coral reef
- The island is formed by the eruption of the submarine volcanoes in the Atlantic.
- The past of the land seems to have seesawed from population growth to cannibalism
- The mystery of the disappeared artisans and the their works draw scientists and seekers
- The survey proved that a Polynesian chief named Hotu Matufa saild here and extended family
- Polynesian first discovered the island in 1722
- Rapanui is triangular in shape, with its longest stretch being along the south coast of 22km
and its widest point being 11km
- Core sampling from the island has revealed a slice of Rapa Nui history that speaks of deforestation,
soil depletion, and erosion. From this devastating ecological scenario it is not hard to imagine
ultimate collapse of Rapa Nui society.
- The archaeological evidence for cannibalism is present on all the sites.
- Rapa Nui is a very good destination for scuba diving and snorkeling.