Cuisine of Thailand
Choose the correct answer.
1.Thai cuisine is known for its balance of five fundamental flavors in each dish or the overall meal - hot, sour, sweet, salty and ＿＿＿．
2. Although popularly considered as a single cuisine, Thai food is really better described as ＿＿＿ regional cuisines corresponding to the ＿＿＿ main regions of the country.
a) two :Northern, Central
b) three :Northeastern, Central and Southern
c) four :Northern, Northeastern, Central and Southern
3. Southern curries , for example, tend to contain ＿＿＿＿＿＿＿＿,
a) fresh turmeric and durian
b) coconut milk and fresh turmeric
c) durian and coconut milk
4. Northeastern dishes often include ＿＿＿ juice.
5. Thai food is known for its enthusiastic use of ＿＿＿＿＿＿＿＿as well as fish sauce.
a) fresh meat and spices
b) fresh fish and spices
c) fresh herbs and salt
6. Instead of a single main course with side dishes found in Western cuisine, a Thai full meal typically consists of either a single dish or rice khao (Thai: カオ) with many complementary dishes served ＿＿＿＿＿.
b) in turn
c) at random
7. ＿＿＿ is a staple component of Thai cuisine, as it is of most Asian cuisines.
a) nan bread
8. ＿＿＿, known throughout parts of Southeast Asia by the Chinese name kwaytiow, are popular as well but usually come as a single dish, like the stir-fried Pad Thai (Thai: クァイチャウ) or noodle soups.
9. Thai food is generally eaten with ＿＿＿＿＿＿＿.
b) a fork and a spoon
10. ＿＿＿＿＿ is a soup originating from Thailand and is perhaps one of the most famous dishes in Thai cuisine.
a) Tom yum
b) Red curry
c) Tom kha gai
Back to List of Quiz