1. What country is Bergen in?
2. What sea is Bergen facing?
ice-free port 不凍港
Hanseatic League ハンザ同盟
World Heritage 世界遺産
Edvard Grieg 1843-1907 ノルウエーの作曲家
Edvard Munch 1863--1944 ノルウエーの画家
Henrik Ibsen 1828-1906 ノルウエーの戯曲家で詩人
Part 1: True /False
1. Bergen is the capital of Norway.
2. The great Norwegian composer Smetana was born in Bergen.
3. Bergen is further north than Scotland.
4. Bergen is the northernmost ice-free port.
5.Grieg Museum is on the World Heritage List.
Part 2: Multiple Choice:
1.Bergen was founded
a. 500 years ago b. 1000 years ago c. 1500 years ago
2. Solveig's song is from a play called Per Gynt by the Norwegian
a. Bernard Shaw b. Henrik Ibsen c. Edvard Munch
a. do not make ice b. do not freeze c.can get ice without paying
4. Apple blossoms are beautiful in May
a. in Hardanger fjord b. Sogne fjord c. Geiranger fjord
5. Edvard Munch is
a. a Norwegian writer b. a Norwegian pianist c. a Norwegian painter
Part 3: Trivia Challenge:Test your knowledge!
1. The capital of Norway is:
a. Stockholm b. Oslo c. Copenhagen d. Bergen
2. Northern Scandinavia is within the arctic circle, where
the sun shines at midnight:
a. in the summer b. in the winter c on a midsummer day only
3. The currency of Norway is
a. Norwegian pond b. Krone c. Krona
4. ____of Norway is in the Arctic Circle.
a. one third b. a quarter c. a half
5 Between 890s and 930s, Norway was first organized as a single
a. James 1, b. Eric Redhair c. Harald Fairhair
6. Bergen has ____ days of rainfall a year.
a. 150 days b. 100 days c. 300 days
1. Norway 2. the North Sea
Part 1. 1f, 2tf, 3 t, 4t, 5f
Part2 1b,２c、3b, 4a, 5c
part 3 1b, 2a, 3b, 4a, 5c , 6c
copyright 2000 Setsuko Watanabe All rights reserved.