True or False Quiz
- 1. The Parthenon was built between 438 AD and 447 AD.
- 2. The construction of the monument was initiated by Perikles.
- 3. The temple is built in the Doric order and almost exclusively of Pentelic marble.
- 4.The central part of the temple, called the cella, sheltered the famous chryselephantine cult statue of Athena, made by Perikles.
- 5.The Erechtheion was built in ca. 420 B.C. in the Ionic order.
- 6.The Erechtheion has a prostasis on the west side.
- 7.The Temple of Athena Nike was constructed in ca. 420 B.C. by the architect Kallikrates.
- 8.The Acropolis hill, so called the “Hard Rock” of Athens.
- 9. The first excavations on the hill were conducted between 1835 and 1837.
- 10. Some of them were converted into Buddhism churches, houses of the Franks and later on, of the Turks.
Created by Yohei Suda
World Heritage Index
copyright SHEJAPAN.COM 2005