True or False Quiz
- 1.Epidaurus was independent of Argos and included
in Argolis until the time of the Romans.
- 2. In the 6th century BC, the older hill-top sanctuary of Apollo Maleatas
was no longer spacious enough.
- 3. The asclepieion at Epidaurus was the most celebrated healing center of the Classical world.
- 4.Asklepios is the most important healer god of antiquity.
- 5.Fame and prosperity continued all the time.
- 6.In the 2nd century AD, the sanctuary enjoyed a new upsurge under the Romans and Goths.
- 7.The huge theater is used once again for dramatic performances,
the ceremonial Hestiatoreion, baths and a palestra.
- 8.The view on a lush landscape behind the skene is an integral
part of the theater itself and is to be obscured.
Created by Maki Asao
World Heritage Index
copyright SHEJAPAN.COM 2005