True or False Quiz
- 1. Florence is the capital of Italy.
- 2.About 1503, Leonardo reportedly began work on the "Mona Lisa".
- 3. Half of the world's most important works of art are located in Italy.
- 4.Florence is home to some of the biggest churches in Italy.
- 5.During the Italian Renaissance, Roma acquired its renaissance palaces and squares, turning it into a living museum.
- 6.Italian art has nearly always been closely allied with the intellectual and/or religious currents of its day.
- 7.Michelangelo Buonarroti learned the technique of designing weapons ; he would use this technique many years later in his work.
- 8.The powerful Medici family, who came into power in the 1430s and became the rulers of Florence for several hundred years
- 9.Florence offers endless opportunities to become intimately acquainted with the artistic, architectural, literary, and cultural achievements of Italy's past.
- 10.The Palatine Gallery contains masterpieces by Italian and foreign artists from the 13th to the 18th century.
Created by Koichi Takemura
World Heritage Index
copyright SHEJAPAN.COM 2005