True or False Quiz
- 1. The Grand-Place is the largest town square in Europe.
- 2. Daughter of Filip II of Spain said the Grand-Place is very large.
- 3. The origins of the Grand-Place are not brilliant.
- 4. In the 12th century Bruges had become a commercial crossroads between Brussels , Cologne , and France.
- 5. In the 14th century small wooden houses were scattered around the market.
- 6. At the end of the 17th century the guilds rebuilt all the houses for five years.
- 7. In the 18th and 19th centuries heavily damaged townhalls became private property.
- 8. In our time many tourists visit the Grand-Place.
- 9. An historical procession at the beginning of July takes place at the Grand-Place every year.
- 10. The annual flower carpet is one of the most famous events at the Grand-Place.
Created by Ryuichi Naka
World Heritage Index
copyright SHEJAPAN.COM 2005