Trivia Challenge:Test your knowledge!
- 1. When was the Iwami Ginzan founded?
- 2.The Iwami Ginzan Silver Mine, south-west of ______________ Island.
- The site also features transportation routes used to transport silver ore to the coast, and port towns from where it was shipped to Korea and ______________ .
- 4.It was developed in 1526 by Kamiya Jutei a Japanese ______________ .
- 5. It reached its peak production of 38 tons in the early 17th century of approximately 38 tons of silver a year which was then a ______ of world production.
- 6.Silver from the mine was used widely for _______.
- 7.It was contested fiercely by warlords until the _______ Shogunate won control of it in 1600 as a result of the Battle of Sekigahara in 1600.
- 8. Iwami Ginzan was later secured by fences and barricaded by _________ .
- 9. Silver production from the mine fell in the ________ century as it had trouble competing with mines elsewhere and it was eventually closed.
World Heritage Index
by Yoshihito Akai, Aoyama Gakuin College of Economics
copyright SHEJAPAN.COM 2008