True or False Quiz
(about Byodo-in Temple)
- 2. The Hooh-do building and the garden, express "Gokuraku Jodo" Establishmenｔ.
- 3. The Hooh-do building is engraved on the 50 yen Japanese coin of today.
- 4. The about mentioned coin depicts the prosperity of the noble Fujiwara family in the Heian period.
- 5. "Gokuraku Jodo" is paradise and pure land in English.
- 6. The main building of Kiyomizu-dera is on a cliff with the four-story high floor overlooking a deep valley.
- 7 Kiyomizu-dera is famous as the "Kiyomizu Stage"-affording a magnificent view of the city below..
- 8. Ryoan-ji,originally an aristocrat's country villa, was converted into a Zen temple in 1450.
- 9. The Karesansui is dry landscape in English.
- 10 The garden is renowned throughout the world as an ultimate example of the Karesansui style rock garden.
Created by Misako Fujii
World Heritage Index
copyright SHEJAPAN.COM 2008