True or False Quiz Meteora
- 1. How to visit the monasteries was only by ladder until 1920s.
- 2. The word “meteor” means literally 'hovering in the air'
- 3. The Meteora is settled by monks who lived in caves within the rocks.
- 4.We can visit the monasteries directly by car.
- 5.We can visit only 6 monasteries now.
- 6.The monasteries attracted not only the deeply religious, but the philosophers, poets, painters and the deep thinkers of Greece.
- 7.During the Turkish occupation, the monasteries were not only religious centers but academic and artistic as well.
- 8.Meteora was registered with world heritage in 1989