True or False Quiz
- 1.The M'Zab Valley is in the Gobi dessert.
- 2. M’Zab Valley contains approximately 3,000 wells that supply 270,000
cactus with water.
- 3.The M'Zabites dressed in colorful garments, and lived with luxury furniture.
- 4.The ground floor of the traditional M’zab house would include the kitchen,
a room for receiving female guests, and a space for storage and housing animals.
- 5.An open courtyard on the second floor was surrounded by rooms for
receiving female guests, living room, storage rooms and multipurpose spaces.
- 6.Non-Muslims are not allowed to stay overnight in Beni Isguen.
- 7.UNESCO registered the M'zab Valley as a World Heritage Site in 1992.
- 8.A federal council, comprising representatives of the only five ksars,
governs the valley.
- 9.The M’zabites designed their buildings for egalitarian communal living,
with respect for family privacy.
- 10.Recently, much new housing has been built outside the ksar walls.
Created by Rie Matsui
World Heritage Index
copyright SHEJAPAN.COM 2007