True or False Quiz
- 1. Shigatse is the traditional capital of Tibet and the capital of the Tibetan Autonomous Region of the People's Republic of China.
- 2. The Potala Palace located in Lhasa, Tibet, China, was the chief residence of the Panchen Lama.
- 3. The Tibetan Plateau is the highest region on Earth.
- 4.The Tibetan Autonomous Religion has the lowest population density among all of the province-level administrative regions in China.
- 5. The name Potala probably derives from Mt Potala, the mythological abode of Bodhisattva Chenrezig (Avilokiteshvara / Kuan Yin).
- 6. Brad Pitt has been banned from entering China forever because of his role in "Seven Years in Tibet".
- 7. The Dalai Lama is ruler over all the religious sects in Tibet.
- 8. The Panchen Lama was established by the Manchu to attempt balance between the seat of power of the Dalai Lama and the Panchen Lama.
- 9. When some one dies in the middle of nowhere in Tibet, it is cremated usually done with the remains.
- 10. Cutting the body up and feeding it to the birds was the common form of body disposal performed by monks.
China Guide-Potala Palace
Fun Trivia.com-Categories related to tibet
Created by Sumio Anzai
World Heritage Index
copyright SHEJAPAN.COM 2006