True or False Quiz
- 1. Quebec is the only North American city to have preserved its ramparts.
- 2. The Upper Town, built on the hill, has remained the religious and administrative center.
- 3. Quebec city's heritage is not all tucked away behind the old stone fortifications.
- 4.All Quebec's attractions and historical sites bear witness to the influence of the omnipresent religious orders and institutions on Quebec society.
- 5.Some of historical sites were large private estates transformed into public libraries and wildlife preserves a few years ago.
- 6. On July 3,2008, Quebec City will celebrate its 400th anniversary since its foundation by French explorer Samuel de Champlain.
- 7. Quebec City was the center of New Spain and its enormous territory during the 17th and 18th centuries.
- 8. New France covered all of what is known today as Eastern Canada, the Eastern United States, the Great Lakes and Atlanta.
- 9. Champlain chose to build his first dwelling on the top of Cape Diamant.
- 10. Old Quebec was named a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1985.
Created by Kenji Shimamura
World Heritage Index
copyright SHEJAPAN.COM 2005