True or False Quiz
- 1. The Shirakami Mountain Range runs along the Iwate and Aomori prefectural border
- 2. Forest road construction started in the mountain range in 1993 .
- 3. The Shirakami Mountain Range was first inscribed on the World Heritage List along with Yakushima Island and various other sites in Japan.
- 4.The Shirakami Mountain Range was first inscribed on the World Heritage List in 1993.
- 5.Beech forests can be seen throughout Japan today .
- 6.Despite an altitude of around 1200m many types of alpine floras can be seen atop .
- 7.The main waterways flowing from the Shirakami Mountain Range are the Akaishigawa, Oirasegawa, Anmongawa (Okawa) and Kasugegawa rivers.
Created by Shunsuke Kimura
World Heritage Index
copyright SHEJAPAN.COM 2007