True or False Quiz
- 1.Some recent studies have suggested that the city is no longer sinking.
- 2.Murano is very famous for its glass making.
- 3.Most Venetians now travel by cars.
- 4.San Marco Square is the highest point in Venice, and as a result during the acqua alta the "high water" from storm surges from the Adriatic, or even heavy rain, it is safe.
- 5.Rialto Bridge is the oldest bridge across the canal and probably the most famous in the city.
- 6.Carnival is traditionally a Roman Catholic and, to a lesser extent, christian Orthodox celebration.
- 7.William Shakespeare's four major tragedy is King Rear, Hamlet, Macbeth, the Merchant of Venice.
- 8.Burano is known for its lacework.
- 9.After 1070 years, the Republic losts its independence when Julius Caesar conquered Venice.
- 10.The Venice film festival takes place here every September in Lido.
Created by Miyuki Kosaka
World Heritage Index
copyright SHEJAPAN.COM 2006