Miyagi Prefecture Quiz
Choose the correct answer.
1.What city is regarded as one of the nation's three most famous scenic areas, along with Miyajima in Hiroshima and Ama-no Hashidate in Kyoto?
2. Which ocean lies to the east of Miyagi prefecture?
a) Atlantic Ocean
b) Indian Ocean
c) Pacific Ocean
3. Which is the highest mountain peak in Miyagi prefecture?
4. How many prefectures border on Miyagi prefecture?
5. What island is Miyagi prefecture located on?
6. How long does it take from Tokyo to Sendai(in Miyagi) by Shinkansen?
a) 1 hour and 36 minutes
b) 2 hours and 5 minutes
c) 3 hours and 10 minutes
7. What is the longest river in Miyagi prefecture?
a) Abukuma river
b) Kitakami river
c) Shinano river
8. What is the smallest city in Miyagi prefecture?
a) Tagajyo city
b) Sendai city
c) Yokohama city
9. Which prefecture does not border Miyagi prefecture?
a) Iwate prefecture
b) Yamagata prefecture
c) Shizuoka prefecture
10. What food is said to have originated in Miyagi prefecture?
a) grilled beef tongue (gyutan)
b) curry and rice
Profile of Miyagi Prefecture
World Quiz Index
Japan Quiz Index
Created by Tomoki Tashiro, Aoyamagakuin College of Economics
Copyright SHEJapan 2003. All rights reserved.