THe 14th Dalai Lama Quiz
Choose the correct answer.
1. He was born on 6 July ______________,in a small village called Taktser in northeastern Tibet.
2. Born to a peasant family, His Holiness was recognized at the age of two, in accordance with Tibetan tradition, as the reincarnation of his predecessor the ______________Dalai Lama, and thus an incarnation Avalokitesvara, the Buddha of Compassion.
3.The Dalai Lamas are the manifestations of the______________of Compassion, who chose to reincarnate to serve the people.
a) Bodhisattva (Buddha)
4.The enthronement ceremony took place on February 22, 1940 in ______________,the capital of Tibet.
5.In 1956, while visiting______________ to attend the 2500th Buddha Jayanti Anniversary, he had a series of meetings with Prime Minister Nehru and Premier Chou about deteriorating conditions in Tibet.
6. His efforts ______________ about a peaceful solution to Sino-Tibetan conflict were thwarted by Bejing's ruthless policy in Eastern Tibet, which ignited a popular uprising and resistance.
b) to bring
7. In the early years of exile, His Holiness appealed to the United Nations on the question of Tibet, resulting in three resolutions adopted ______________the General Assembly in 1959, 1961, and 1965, calling on China to respect the human rights of Tibetans and their desire for self-determination.
8. Economic development was promoted and the creation of a Tibetan educational system was established to raise refugee children with full ______________of their language, history, religion and culture.
9. Over 200 monasteries______________ been re-established to preserve the vast corpus of Tibetan Buddhist teachings, the essence of the Tibetan way of life.
10. Since 1967, His Holiness initiated a series of journeys ______________ have taken him to some 46 nations.
Dalai Lama's biography
posted by J.Hayano K.Hihara T.Mizuta T.Yakui