Martin Luther King Jr. Quiz@ -from his quotes-
Choose the correct answer.
1. It may be true that the law cannot make a man _____ me, but it can stop him from lynching me, and I think that's pretty important.
2. In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, _____ the silence of our friends.
b) but though
3. Our lives begin_____ end the day we become silent about things that matter.
4. Ten thousand _____ proclaim themselves into obscurity, while one wise man forgets himself into immortality.
5. The hope of a secure and livable world lies with disciplined nonconformists _____ are dedicated to justice, peace and brotherhood.
6. The ultimate _____ a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
a) sort of
b) kind of
c) measure of
7. I submit to you that if a man _____ discovered something he will die for, he isn't fit to live.
8. I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. That is _____ right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant.
9. The good neighbor looks beyond the external accidents and discerns those inner qualities that make all men human and, _____, brothers.
b) became to
10. All progress is precarious, and the solution of one problem brings us _____ with another problem.
c) face to face
Refer to Text Page
posteded by K.Nagao D.Nakatani K.Fukuzawa S.Hoshi T.Maesako